Voice broadcasting is often seen as a marketing dinosaur from a long-gone era. It can be seen as intrusive and its negative association with robocalling has led some marketers to abandon this type of advertising. However, it is possible to include voice message broadcasting as a key part of your digital marketing strategy.
If it’s relevant, to the right audience, and at the right time, it can be beneficial for a variety of industries. It can be used for event promotion, lead nurturing, customer notifications, customer retention, or appointment reminders. Often, voice broadcasting messages are easier for customers to recognize and distinguish than sending them an email.
With a few tips and suggestions, you can incorporate voice broadcasting into your digital marketing plan.
Benefits to Voice Message Broadcasting
There are a variety of benefits to voice broadcasting that make it a great tool for reaching out to your existing customers:
- You don’t need any technical assistance or experience in IT. With easy to use software, you can record your message (or use text-to-speech functionality) and upload your phone list.
- You can make a large number of calls at the same time
- It can be easy to miss an email, but more difficult to miss a phone call or voice mail
- You can get reporting and monitor your campaign success online
Voice broadcasting can be 25 times more effective than direct mail for generating leads. With just a quick message, you could see some great results when compared with other methods of marketing.
Industries that Can Benefit from a Voice Broadcasting Service
While any industry can see the benefits of a voice broadcasting service, some in particular have been using this marketing method successfully for years.
It’s particularly beneficial for political campaigns to notify residents of new candidates, policies, or voting information. Doctors, dentists, and other professionals who have regular appointments with clients can also benefit. Sending out an automated voice message to clients reminding them of an upcoming appointment is a great way to ensure that your office stays on schedule. Finance and loan companies, notifying people of deadlines, payments, or related information, also commonly use voice broadcasting.
Voice broadcasting services are also used by companies or governments in case of emergencies. While cell phone towers and internet is quick to go down, most landlines will still work in the event of a natural disaster. Automated voice messages allow you to spread important and urgent information when people need it most.
Best Practices for Voice Broadcasting
When it comes to voice broadcasting, there are a few things you can do to ensure you have the best results possible while maintaining a good client relationship:
- Only contact those who opt-in to be contacted by phone
- Don’t buy or rent phone number lists – you don’t know where these came from or if it’s legal!
- Call at an appropriate time of day with a relevant message
- Keep your message short, calm, and professional
- Provide an easy option to unsubscribe from your phone list
- Clearly identify yourself and your business at the beginning of the call
- Test your call before you start the campaign to ensure it’s easy to understand and clear
- Track your results to judge your ROI and conversion – if these are not good, tweak your campaign
Voice broadcasting, like email marketing, comes with regulations and laws that you must follow. Always make sure you’re up to date on international and local automation laws. Keep a Do Not Call list regularly updated and ensure you don’t contact someone who has requested not to be contacted. If you are beginning a voice broadcasting campaign internationally, it is recommended to get professional counsel to ensure that you are obeying all the necessary rules.
VivosWeb offers VivoSuite Voice Broadcasting services. This software allows for easy list uploading, multiple audio files, reporting, testing, and voicemail options. If you think your business could benefit from voice message broadcasting, contact us. We can find a solution that’s right for your business!